11/14/2013

Steak Au Poivre & Meatzza

I'm in charge of cooking while I visit my brother's girlfriend this weekend. (She's my friend too...but easiest to describe her relation to me as the bro's gf)  My brother is out of town. He tends to do most of the cooking when I'm around. I asked if we could try to maintain my paleo diet and she said yes....if I cooked. Since I'm cooking for myself all week...I figure I can cook for her too. I don't really like cooking for other people since sometimes the food turns out questionable (Remember the raw chicken & burnt rice?) I saw this recipe on The Chew and thought it sounded a)paleo and b)delicious.


Steak Au Poivre
  • 3 pounds Sirloin Steak
  • Salt
  • Coarsely cracked Black Pepper
  • Butter
  • 2 Shallots (chopped)
  • 3 Garlic cloves (minced)
  • Olive Oil
  • 1/4 cup Bourbon
  • 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
  • 1/2 cup Half and Half
  •  
    I'll serve it with brussel sprouts & maybe some mashed cauliflower.  I'm most excited about the bourbon cream sauce.
     
    I'm also going to make meatzza. "WHAT IN THE WORLD IS MEATZZA?" you might be wondering. It's pizza but made on a meat crust. "THAT SOUNDS DISGUSTING" you might be thinking...except it's actually pretty good. I'll try to remember to take pictures. Picture, if you will, a thin sausage crust, topped with pizza sauce, cheese and more meat. It's better than it sounds. Promise. 

    No comments: