11/12/2011

30 by 30 List

Well, as some of you may know, and others may not - I started a list of 30 things I'd like to accomplish before I turn 30. I'm 29 now. I started this list when I was 28. I've got about 9 months until the big deadline hits. Here is my list:
1. Run a 10k in less than an hour. (nowhere close to this one yet)
2. Skydive.
3. Go on a week's vacation. (Done in July, went to the Outer Banks)
4. Go skiing. (Thanksgiving???)
5. Pay off credit card. (working on it...slowly)
6. Stay at a bed & breakfast.
7. Pay off a student loan. (hate student loans!)
8. Move to a new house or new city. (COMPLETED! 10/31/11)
9. Complete Rosetta Stone - Spanish. (have it...haven't worked on it.)
10. Get orthodontics, an implant (tooth, not boobs) or Lasik.
11. Start an herb garden. (COMPLETED!! SPRING/SUMMER/FALL 2011. ABANDONED UPON MOVE. GREW BASIL & ROSEMARY. THYME DIED.)
12. Buy a piece of grown up furniture. (Real wood, no assembly required.)
13. Learn the history of the city I'm living in.
14. Go to speed dating.
15. Go to Schlitterbahn. (coolest water park ever!)
16. Get a standing tuck by myself.
17. Pay for the car behind me at the drive-thru.
18. Host a dinner party. (for 6 or more, at least 3 courses.)
19. Learn to shoot a gun. (COMPLETED! 5/19/11. AWESOME!)
20. See a Broadway play. (COMPLETED! LES MIS 11/10/11. SO FUN!)
21. Get my underarms waxed.
22. Go camping. (real camping. in a tent. in the woods.)
23. Buy a cute guy a drink.
24. Buy a fashion scarf, wear it 5x. (Bought, worn once 4/16/11.)
25. See a dermatoligist.
26. Learn to make good chile rellanos.
27. Get bangs. (Holly Golightly-esque from Breakfast at Tiffanys?? too short??)
28. Take a flower arranging class.
29. Learn to shag. (know the basics, would like to learn more advanced...prob won't be too easy in Chicago!)
30. Get my nose pierced. (COMPLETED! 3/18/11)

1 comment:

Mom said...

might be able to help you on the scarf wearing..... sending you a link for a million (well more like 25) ways to wear one.

圍巾的25種結法
www.youtube.com
親愛的兄弟姐妹們: 天氣漸漸轉涼, 圍巾要怎麼用您知道嗎? 現在分享圍巾的25種結法,請參考!! ※解說第六個是用對角線打結第23個只是兩邊尾部打結。