11/07/2012

Literacy!!

Well I finally decided to bite the bullet. I'm going to be here for the next year so I went and got myself a library card today. Now I was a little hesitant. I grew up in Fayetteville, NC where there was this really good library system. I thought all library systems were amazing! But then I got down to Charleston and...well...the library was pretty bad. There were NO books. Well, ok there were books. But old ones. And not good old ones.
One of my patients told me about this library up near me called the Selzer Regional Library so I got together my identification and went over there. The building is older but really pretty. They have all these really cool photographs on the wall of old timey Chicago. I could have spent all day in there. And I really could have because their fiction selection was actually good! I got some books that came out within the past year, as well as "A is for Alibi" by Sue Grafton. I've been wanting to try that series for a while but couldn't find a copy to start. This library had it. Am I weird to be like a kid in a candy store in the library? There is just something so soothing about the smell of the books, the quietness, the look of all those books. Well, I'm done blogging for today because I want to go read!

No comments: