11/08/2012

Halfway point!

Tomorrow marks the halfway point to my gym's lifestyle challenge. Here's my progress so far:
I've been getting between 7 - 9 hours of sleep each night. I've eaten what I'm supposed to. Here's a sample day of what I eat.  Breakfast - 1-2 eggs. Lunch - london broil & spinach. Snack - pumpkin seeds. Dinner - sauteed veggies with ground beef in an all purpose latin seasoning. I try to take in at least 100 oz of water each day which was annoying at first but now it's like a challenge if I can drink more water than the day before. It does leave me running to the bathroom way more frequently than ever before but it means my pee is clear. I also aim to workout. That's probably been the hardest part for me. I am good at making it in to do Crossfit but I can only do that 3 times each week. It's those other days that get to me. I'd like to do some sort of cardio at least 2 of the other days and I always intend to...but then I get home from work and it just doesn't happen for one reason or another. I have lost 5 pounds already which is a good motivator to keep me from straying from my healthy path. My skin has started to clear up, which I was beginning to think would never happen. I have more energy. I wake up pretty easily. I go to bed easily. Aside from getting up to pee 3-4 times a night, I sleep soundly through the night. I don't know why I haven't been eating this way for years. Nor do I know why I won't stick with it once this is over...

No comments: