8/03/2012

I'm Baaaaaacckk!

I'm back. I decided it was time to do something about my uncontrollably increasing weight. After some thought, discussion and self motivation, I decided to try crossfit. I tried out a few gyms but decided that CrossFit Chicago would be the best fit. Mostly it just looked the least ghetto. I was also looking at attractiveness level of the coaches because the best way to get me to work out is to give me some sexy men to look at. Sexy women are ok too - it gives me something to aspire towards!
I've been at it for 2 weeks now. I'm starting small - only working out 2x weekly. Partially because it leaves me incredibly sore and I wasn't sure I could manage a third workout. Partially because it's really expensive and I can't bring myself to pay that much. However, in comparison to the other gyms I tried - it was much less expensive!
Now for those of you who don't know what CrossFit is, it is a workout that is constantly varied, functional movements executed at high intensity and scalable to your fitness level. That means scaled WAAAAYYY down for me!! Some examples of things I've been doing: weightlifting, rowing, running, situps, pushups, handstand pushups, squats, etc.
To motivate myself, I'll be posting before pictures on here shortly, with followup pictures to, well, follow. I'll also post my personal records for weightlifting so I can try to keep track of them. Here's what I have so far:
Deadlift: 75 pounds
Strict press: 40 pounds
Bench press: 53 pounds
Back squat: 63 pounds

I'm expecting those numbers to go up fairly quickly but I'm also working on improving my form so I don't end up injuring myself.

No comments: