1/15/2012

Chicago Based Movies

Since I'm living in this big exciting city and plan on going outside as little as possible until this magical, sparkly white stuff goes away - turns out it's really cold! -, I figure I'll make a list of movies that are set in Chicago and make my way through them. Feel free to add to the list if you know of any others!
There are 187 listed here though so I'm fairly sure this list will keep me busy for the remainder of the winter. and next. and the one after.


A

B

C

D

E

F

F cont.

G

H

I

J

K

L

M

N

O

P

P cont.

R

S

T

U

V

W

7 comments:

Heto said...

I don't think that Home Alone 2: Lost in New York really takes place in Chicago.

Heto said...

Also, neither do National Lampoon's European Vacation or Vacation.

Heto said...

I would like to register objections to Vegas Vacation and When Harry Met Sally as well.

While these movies may start in Chicago, they don't really "take place" in Chicago. I've seen all of them except Vegas Vacation. I'll cut a little slack for NL's Vacation because I'd imagine that Pig in a Poke is probably set in Chicago. But the rest of the movie is set in a car headed to California.

K said...

I didnt make the list! I actually didn't really even read the list....please file all complaints with Wikipedia (though everyone knows there is no wrong information on there, so if they say Home Alone 2:Lost in Ny is in chicago, clearly...it's in chicago!)

K said...

I didnt make the list! I actually didn't really even read the list....please file all complaints with Wikipedia (though everyone knows there is no wrong information on there, so if they say Home Alone 2:Lost in Ny is in chicago, clearly...it's in chicago!)

Marilyn said...

I am thinking maybe they were filmed in Chicago!!!!

Emily/Randomability said...

Start with Blues Brothers... LOVE IT!!