12/28/2010

Such A Strange Day!

it's been a really weird day and it's only half over. I woke up overly hopeful that I would have a text message I super duper wanted only to find that no, it too went ignored. *sigh* Then, to make things worse, I had the Dreidel Song stuck in my head. Yes, "dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, I made you out of clay. Dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, with you I will play." Unfortunately those are the only words I know, so those got repeated over and over until I was on the brink of insanity. I have no clue why I was singing Jewish Christmas songs. Except I guess they aren't Jewish Christmas songs since those don't really go together.
I about got in a fight with the Barnes & Noble salesperson who insulted my Kindle and said I should return it. She said it as though it was a crap gift. I was going to punch her in her face. But I didn't.
I went to lunch with my dad...and at the end of lunch? He gave me a hug. So weird. I know that doesn't sound that weird but for my dad, it's super weird.
I finally got back to Charleston, went for a nice little run and sat down for a delicious dinner that I cooked: Beans with mushrooms, served over pasta, along with a nice glass of wine. Also, A came over and I got to chit chat with her for a while which is always fun. She talked me out of my Plan B (not the OTC medicine, but my own crazy idea...and not for the same thing!!) and convinced me to wait it out. So, here I am...waiting, waiting, waiting.

1 comment:

Amy said...

It has a lovely body
With legs so short and thin
and when my dreidels tired
it drops and then I win

OHHHHH

WTF...LEGS?

I'm glad you are home!