2/28/2014

Road Trip!

I went on my first road trip yesterday. Well, that isn't exactly true. I went on my first group road trip. Maybe that's weird that I'm 31 and have never been on a road trip with friends. But I haven't. I don't like to be stuck in a situation I can't escape. I've driven to NC by myself. I've ridden to NC with my brother & Heather. They don't count though because they are family and road trips with family are normal.

There was a band playing in Madison, WI that I saw over New Years and loved. Naturally, I wanted to see them again but Madison is 2.5 hours away and that's a long drive to go up and right back down. I reached out to a couple friends and two of them said they really wanted to go. We drove up Wednesday night, saw the concert, shared a hotel room and drove back the next day. Guess what? I survived. I had fun. I didn't die. I didn't feel the need to escape. Well, except at 7 am when one of the guys woke up and was wide awake. When the other guy ignored him and I threatened to murder him, he went back to bed.

Plus I got to meet the singer of the band - Black Joe Lewis. He was hanging out in the bar after the show and I asked if he would take a picture with me.

No comments: