5/31/2008

My trip to STL



I came out to STL this weekend to spend Ed's birthday with him. It was an EARLY morning, since I had to wake up at 4:30 to make my flight...ugh! He should know I like him since I don't wake up that early for just anyone. The flights were good, other than an overly chatty woman in front of me in the security line. Seriously woman, don't chat up a stranger before 6 am! I got out to STL, took a nap...we went and got mexican. I entered a contest in the nearly empty restaurant to win Cardinal's tickets and I won!! So for Ed's birthday we went to a Cardinal's game. It was lots of fun...except for the 3000 ft climb up to our seats! The Cardinals won, and Mathers made his ML debut while we were there. He's my favorite Cardinal...he made an awesome catch (a couple other good but not so important plays) and even got a hit on his first night...good job buddy!
The walk home was not so fun...it started pouring rain and we had a 12 block walk to go....and I was in flip flops. I never seem to be well prepared in this city. First no jacket while it's snowing, now bad shoes. Luckily for me I had just seen a special on the evening news saying that going barefoot is not unsanitary or dangerous...so I ignored all the "britney going in the gas station bathroom barefoot" alerts that were going off and scrapped the shoes. Then it was back to bed! More on the rest of the trip when I get back...

1 comment:

Heto said...

Wow, you got up that early for us when we left, so you must like us, too! Woohoo!

Sounds like you had an exciting trip. I'm glad you're not dead in a ditch somewhere!