9/22/2014

Well At Least There's That....

My day started out so well. I was on a high from an awesome wedding date. Football with friends. All in all a good weekend. An unproductive one. But good. Fun. Happy. I was having a good day at work, easy day, friendly patients.  I was prepared to eat well this week...minus the having no food thing. So I used Instacart (a grocery delivery service). They were unable to deliver my food Sunday night so I opted for a Monday delivery. My roommate assured me she would be home and accept the delivery. Everything was paid for, food, tip, delivery...done! Well, the delivery fee was waived since it was my first order with them. But food & tip? Done! Just needed someone here from 4-5pm....and she left. She said she got busy and forgot. So she left. Which meant no one was here. No neighbors. No roommate. No nothing. And I can't control the buzzer from my phone. Then I tried to go pick up the delivery...and got stuck in traffic that moved 1 mile in 25 minutes. I had an appointment an hour later with a hefty cancellation fee so I headed in that direction instead. Then I headed home and tried to contact the delivery person. I was willing to go meet them wherever. But I made it all the way home before she told me she was on the opposite side of town and apologized for the confusion and was going to return the order....which meant no groceries. I told her I understood and apologized for the inconvenience of coming to my house when no one was here. And all that jazz. I was beyond frustrated because I had everything for the entire week planned around my food being here when I got home from work. Then again with being able to come home from my appointment and start cooking. True, dinner would be at 9:00. But at least I'd have food prepared. Then...no food. You can understand my frustration right? At this point it would have been faster for me to just go to the grocery store myself after my appointment...which I would have done if I'd known I needed to do so.
Flash forward to 2 arguments because apparently all I do is complain and am not understanding of anyone else's feelings...and I really didn't like anyone. Didn't want to talk to anyone. Didn't want anything to do with anyone.
So here I was, in bed, ready to go to bed without dinner or breakfast or lunch (I don't know what that solves but it sure made me feel better at the moment) - and the doorbell buzzes. My Instacart lady was nice enough to drive all the way back over here and finally deliver my groceries. I appreciate that she went above & beyond. Granted, I probably won't use the service again because it really would have been faster for me to just do it myself....but I appreciate her willingness to be a good, kind human being. Apparently I need to take a hint from her....

No comments: